The written equivalent of a sneezing noise.

Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Health and things

I signed up for Yoga!

Yoga has always worked really well for me (and when I say 'always' I imply the yoga in the school curriculum and the random yoga one just ends up doing now and then) and I'm planning on making it and alternative healing an alternative to expensive (and hardly comprehensive) private medical insurance that I shall soon have to switch over to. My brother and I have always been covered by our mother's medical insurance (which is excellent and reimburses EVERYTHING), but as soon as I have a real job (which, as I'm 23, will be  sooner rather than later), I shall be brutally cut off.

I've recently been on homoeopathic medicines (I don't trust allopathy at all) for being exhausted much more than I should be. Whatever the doc's been giving me (steroids or not) has worked really well and really quickly. The doctor, incidentally, diagnoses by looking at the tongue and reading the pulse. He told me I sneezed a lot (I do) and am very restless (um, I guess.). The medicines seem to be a lot cheaper than your usual anti-biotics and much kinder to the system (except if it's laced with steroids).

So that's my health insurance plan and I'm very happy about it. Yoga, homoeopathy/ayurveda/unani/some other traditional cure, pranic healing(<-- sounds like a load of crap but it so isn't.). 

Now all I need to do is make sure I wake up in time for my 8AM weekend classes...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments