Day 1
I was quite excited about it. I was really looking forward to not being in the women's compartment. I headed to the opposite end of the train (which also meant I got to take the escalator :D) and, for the next fifty minutes, travelled with several men and a few women. I read this week's Outlook all through.
It was extremely ordinary, and I loved that.
In the evening, there were no single women in the last coach. Or atleast, the only ones I saw were with their male companions. I listened to music all the way.
On my setlist currently:
Avial
Apocalyptica
Indian People's Theatre Association (IPTA) songs (Salil Chowdhury, Debabrata Biswas, Hemanga Biswas, amongst others)
Some other Bengali music (Manna De, Bhupen Hazarika, 'Ujjal ek jhak paira')
Various versions of the Internationale
Bavra Man
I skip El Dorado every time it comes (at the end of the Bengali song list and before Apocalyptica). I'm glad I don't like Iron Maiden's new album all that much; atleast I won't feel so awful they won't be coming to India for the first time in three years.
I'm a little tired of my setlist. I shall retain the IPTA and Bangla songs, Avial, and download some Velvet Underground. I also want more Bengali IPTA songs, which are proving to be a bit elusive on youtube.
I love this song which I heard for the first time in Gupi Gayein, Bagha Bayein. This was one of the first movies we had on tape when I was a child, and nothing takes me back to memories created as a six year old faster than watching Gupi Bagha again. When I was six, my world had little furniture and lots of mosaic floor.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments