Why did you have to wake up?
I don’t need anything. I’ve had my khichdi (although I did skip esubgul. I prefer a suppository, you didn’t bring one, did you?), I’ve swallowed my pills.
Why do you look at me like that?
I promise I didn’t use the heater for too long. I know they said it’s bad for my sores.
I felt like a pizza again, but you wanted to know how I could even think about it. (Which would you pick, by the way: pizza or esubgul?)
Those wide eyes of yours. Like they’ve swallowed up your voice. Say something.
Remember those yellow afternoons? I never told you stories about being a refugee. Packing up and sneaking away to a newly made country. Losing my gold medal (pure grade, 24 carat) because it wasn’t hidden in the payesh.
Oh look, there are more people in here. What fun! Is it someone’s birthday?
Why didn’t someone tell me? Wait, let me get up and dress. Oh that’s alright, I’m sure you don’t mind waiting.
Did I tell you about the time I wrote an exam with livid red ants on my back? It was maths and I got full marks.
It’s rude to stare. Wait! I did not mean ignore me instead!
Where are you going!
What’s that strange box?
You don’t mean I’m...dead?
Maybe I’ll remain a voice forever trapped in your head.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Comments