The written equivalent of a sneezing noise.

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Binayak Sen Rally

On 30th January, from Red Fort to Shaeeh Bhagat Singh Park.





 



4 comments:

  1. In the last photograph, there is this little boy who stands next to the statues, raising his arm as if in protest...what do the statues signify for him?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't ask him actually. I think he saw the camera and obliged with appropriate cute poses :)

    Then again...maybe he is an enlightened kid. Unlike what I was.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never meant that i thought you would ask him to pose; but i dont think he was trying to be cute either...i think subliminally kids are impacted by such structures in public spaces far more strongly they can articulate or we can gauge. i dont know but may be there is a sense of virility in the statue that he is seeking inspiration from.anyway, it is interesting to notice things in a photograph which is not its focus.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I didn't think you meant that- I meant that I didn't ask him what he thought of those statues. He and that other little boy were hanging around the park during the post rally speeches and performances, and they were on that pedestal towards the end. He raised his fist in salute when the rest of the audience did too, in response to the call of the speaker. I got the feeling he was aware of the cameras too :) It would be interesting to know what he thought of the statues and why they're there.

    ReplyDelete

Comments