The written equivalent of a sneezing noise.

Thursday, September 1, 2011

Bruce's Spawn

I visit the Iron Maiden website after several months today and what do I see? Bruce Dickinson's son, the Austin Dickinson that got thanked on albums, is not only not a tiny being frozen in time, he's grown up to have a BAND! For some reason that makes me feel really old!

I had to ofcourse go check out Rise to Remain to see how Bruce's progeny scores. Given how Lauren Harris, Steve Harris's daughter fails to impress with her music (sorry, 'Arry!) I wasn't sure what to expect. Papa's shoes are huge, but the beta doesn't do too badly. I quite like City of Vultures, one of the singles available on their site (so long as one ignores the lyrics :D). Bruce is one of a kind ofcourse, NOBODY can be a Bruce, but the spawn's voice isn't bland.

This also made me extremely nostalgic about Iron Maiden. We had an intense love affair from 2001-2010. The release of The Final Frontier was what made us drift apart (El Dorado? Seriously? Sigh.) but I had a sudden hankering to listen to some Bruce vocals. So that's what I'm doing now, on the shitty speakers that come inbuilt into the otherwise wonderful Inspiron 1525 :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments