The written equivalent of a sneezing noise.

Tuesday, June 18, 2024

Quite suddenly, and quite unexpectedly, I am now the owner of a (very basic) manual coffee grinder with ceramic bits. It travelled from Coorg with my parents, and it is small, made of stainless steel, and cute. The shop was asked to adjust the setting for French Press; now begins the journey to figuring out if they got it right.

I had my first cup today, and it will take a while for me to identify which aspects of the resulting brew are because of grind size and because of new beans. What I had today was nice enough, though I suspect it might have been a bit under-extracted. Or maybe the beans are a lighter roast (I didn't buy it so I'm not sure; there's no packaging left). 

This is fun; I now have more of a 'coffee station' than I ever imagined having/wanting/needing.

Also- the post-PhD life continues to be delightful; I recommend it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments