The written equivalent of a sneezing noise.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

More Images from the City

The Jewish Synagogue off Brabourne Street. Nobody seemed to know about it, not even the vendors who sat right in front of its gates.

A banner for a street hawkers' congress. And free sewing machines.

The Portugese Church, seen from Brabourne Street. It's apparently so cash strapped that it lets out it grounds as a car park.
Feeding people. Brabourne Street connects Howrah to the City Centre. That could explain the amazing variety of things sold on the streets. Excuse my pen intruding into the shot.


Bothis.


Inside the Armenian Church

A Reverend who is also the Father of Armenian journalism (apparently)and this Church
Slingshots. Gilti in Bengali. My ex-Boss equipped his staff with one each. We were all the anti-rhesus squads.

Flag makers on Armenian Street.

This guy lets you into the Jewish Synagogue




The sweetest coconut water I've had since Kumartuli, at our previous City Walk

Yum!

I couldn't believe how much they were carrying on their heads

See?

It's the kind of street where you have to do the umbrella lift to walk by people; it's that crowded

Leading to the Howrah Bridge
Ready Made Spitt


I kept reading it as Raja Whodunnit Street
Dharon'er aangti by the bulk. Astrological rings. I think.

Part of the Howrah Bridge




Truck shop!
Barrabazar

More Change-makers!



:D It was next to a Gurudwara, which explains the Punjabiness I'd guess

Cotton walla. Didn't want me to shoot this for some reason. But I had already shot it bahaha!

Shiny!


Old style knife sharper. I'd only ever seen the cycle-based knife sharpeners.


Roohafza wallah
Tram to Chitpur


I wanted to buy what this innovative entrepreneur was selling just because he was so innovative (he had a megaphone too.). But what would I do with liver tonic? He let me photograph it though.


Flirtatious bike.
Launches to Howrah







Karma Baba Bengal Tiger


No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments